Leverage our financial systems consultants to achieve your goals.
Our financial systems consultants provide third-party perspective and expertise to enterprises that want to implement better technology or improve their usage of existing systems.
There is no easy choice, no one-size-fits-all solution.
And with so many options — from SaaS to on-premise, general or industry-specific packages, fully integrated enterprise systems to highly specialized transaction-type specific software — it’s no wonder that organizations wrestle with dozens of questions as they navigate the decision-making process in systems selection, during implementation and post go-live.
Some of the things we do:
- Readiness Assessment
- Enterprise Needs Assessment
- Project Management of Implementation of Cloud-Based and On-Premise Financial Systems, which includes:
- Thoroughly evaluating and documenting the “As-Is” and “To-Be” states
- Defining user requirements
- Employing a methodical, systematic, and well-documented systems selection process, overseeing scheduling and content for multiple rounds of product demos for ERP, CPM/EPM, and other bolt-on reporting and analytical tools
- Negotiating service level agreements with integrators and software firms
- Project management of the implementation, ensuring accountability and adherence to schedules by external integrators, the software firm, and internal client participants
- Facilitating user acceptance testing
- Providing user training
- Offering post go-live “Hyper Care” support as needed
Tools We Work With:
- ERP Software – Oracle Netsuite, Oracle Fusion, Oracle JD Edwards, Oracle Peoplesoft, Microsoft Dynamics, Acumatica, Infor, Lawson, Sage, InsightSoftware, QuickBooks, Epicor, Deltek, Xero
- Budgeting/Planning and Consolitation – Hyperion, SAP BPC, Cognos, SAP BusinessObjects
- EPM – Anaplan, Adaptive Insights, Planful, Vena, Oracle EPM
- Close Management – FloQast, Blackline, Trintech, Tipalti
- SEC/Financial Reporting – Workiva, Toppan, ActiveDisclosure
- Time and Expense/Procurement/Invoicing – Concur, ChromeRiver, Expensify, Coupa, Vroozi
- Business Intelligence (BI) Tools – Tableau, Qlik, Alteryx, MicroStrategy
- Report Writers – Crystal Reports, Smart View, Excel4apps
- Research Tools – Capital IQ, Nielsen, Bloomberg, Wonder, Frost and Sullivan
- SEC/Financial Reporting – Workiva, Toppan, ActiveDisclosure
- CRM – Salesforce, Netsuite, Dynamics, SAP, Oracle, Hubspot, BPMOnline, Zoho, Copper, Sugar, Infor, Pivotal, Base, Leadmaster, Velocity
- E-Commerce – Shopify, Magento
- Data Room Software – DatasteOne, IntraLinks, Venue, Box, Dropbox, Sharepoint
- Capitalization Table Management and Options (Equity) – Carta, Shareworks, Capshare, Certent, E-Trade
- Human Resources (HR) – PeopleSoft, Paychex, Workday, ADP, UltiPro, OpenAir, Netsuite
- Billing Software – Quora, Suitebilling, Aria, Chargebee, Bill.com
- Tax Software – Avalara, Sovos
- Rights Management – Mediamorph, Rightsline, FilmTrack
- Revenue Recognition – Softrax, Suora (REVPRO)
- Contracts Management – Docusign, eBrevia, Icertis
- Leasing – Lucernex, Lease Accelerator
- Real Estate – Yardi, MRI, Argus, Realplace, Backshop
- Project Management – Jira, Microsoft Project
Past Financial Systems Consulting Projects
NetSuite Implementation for Content Delivery Company
Implemented NetSuite as a billing system interfacing with a custom billing engine, including 22 multi-currency subsidiaries at a content delivery company.
Reconciliation Model Creation for Technology Company
Created model for the automatic reconciliation and upload of QuickBooks activity into SAP for a publicly held technology company.
Software Selection for Entertainment Publishing Company
Managed the software selection for a new ERP and Expense Reimbursement solution for entertainment publishing company.
Oracle Fusion Implementation Project Management
Project managed Oracle Fusion (Cloud) implementation, including system configuration, chart of accounts re-design, business unit segmentation, data mapping, UAT and testing to go live at pre-IPO tech company.
Hyperion Financial Management Chief Finance Lead
Chief Finance Lead for HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) and Hyperion Essbase 2.0 software implementation, including the oversight of the successful migration of data, analytics and processes from Oracle to HFM and from Hyperion Essbase 1.0 to 2.0.
Equity Compensation Accounting Conversion
Championed conversion of equity compensation accounting and administration from Excel to an external, cloud-based software solution, EquityEdge, including creation of infrastructure to capture and appropriately report data for proper accounting and dividend calculation, validation of historical data and ongoing management of appropriate individual participant account balances for publicly held REIT.
Anaplan Reporting Table and Dashboards
Created automated reporting table and chart dashboards in Anaplan for private equity backed B2C SaaS company. These dashboards included variance comparisons, YOY growth trend lines, water fall net bookings and unit breakdowns, annual (past, current and future) trend lines and version analysis.
Auto-Generated Timeline and Milestone Reporting
Developed MS Project VBA application to auto-generate timeline and milestone reporting for project team communication for national restaurant company (e.g., online weekly agendas, important dates section, key project documents section, functional area document libraries).
Oracle EBS Update
Designed and implemented ERP update of Oracle EBS for cost accounting module, including gap analysis, development of user requirements and process flows for a pharmaceutical company.
Software Evaluation and Selection
Led evaluation and selection process to identify a dynamic Budget, Planning and Forecasting SaaS solution to integrate existing ERP HR, and event planning systems and replace static MS Excel-based spreadsheets for large publicly held entertainment company.
NetSuite Finance Integration
Managed integration responsibilities for the Finance department of a $500M consumer products company during the implementation of NetSuite, including working with internal and external resources in the configuration of forms, records and workflows, working with internal and external software programmers in the design and QA of custom programs, and gathering information from various Finance team members to develop more effective reporting and enhanced processes.
820 EDI Automation in NetSuite
Designed process for 820 EDI (cash application) and worked with internal software developers to automate functionality in NetSuite, including the reporting for improved analysis and process validation.
Financial Statement Modeling and Migration
Built financial statement modeling for migration from QuickBooks (by company) into NetSuite (by Product Family), including re-allocation of audit adjustments by quarter, more detailed segmentation by product family and detailed SG&A allocation by department for a multi-level marketing company.
Workday HRIS Mapping and Export Implementation
Completed Workday HRIS General ledger mapping and file export implementation for a social media company. Reversed and manually rebuilt 3 months of inaccurate payroll data for 7 payroll periods of roughly 800 people. Constructed comprehensive bridge file showing full traceability of data reversed and replaced. Successfully reconciled majority of the significant accounts.
Ultipro HRIS Implementation and Integration to Oracle EBS
Oversaw and performed all Finance function tasks for Ultimate Software’s Ultipro HRIS implementation and integration to Oracle EBS, including GL integration strategy, all earnings and deduction code mappings to GL accounts, earnings and deduction code testing in the payroll files and configuration and testing of integration to JP Morgan for payroll ACH file transmission.
MRO Integration with Oracle EBS
Wrote all test scripts and performed all testing on behalf of accounting/finance in support of a successful MRO integration with Oracle EBS.
Excel4apps GL and Reports Wand
Implemented Excel4apps GL Wand (general ledger reporting) and Reports Wand (Oracle sub-ledger reporting) reducing month-end variance analysis time by days leading to a more timely and accurate close for publicly held technology company.
Oracle Cash Management Module Implementation
Implemented the Oracle Cash Management module with full integration to bank using automated file transfers to clear payments in Oracle and reconcile cash daily. This removed several hours of manual cash reconciling work from the month-end close for $300M publicly held company.
Feasibility Assessment of Salesforce Weekly Revenue Flash Forecast
Assessed feasibility of managing weekly revenue flash forecasts in Salesforce system, including development of standardized requirements.
Zuora Implementation and Avalara Integration
Project managed the implementation of an automated billing system, Zuora, including the development of custom reports and the integration of an integrated sales tax collection system, Avalara, at VC-backed SaaS company.
MBO Consolidation, Reporting and Distribution Process Improvement
Advised on methods to streamline, increase accuracy and improve security of MBO (Management of Objectives) consolidation, reporting and distribution process by shifting reliance from Excel to in-house databases (Essbase) and third-party compensation applications for private equity-backed retailer with over 10,000 employees.
Data Mining and Reporting GUI
Developed Data Mining and Reporting GUI using Access/SQL/VBA, resulting in one-stop shop replacing legacy process that required multiple platform usage.
Fully-Automated Monthly Reporting Process
Implemented fully-automated monthly reporting process using VBA to extract salient data from 300+ deals to feed centralized data repository in SQL backend.
Stock Compensation Program Migrations
Assisted with the migration of stock compensation programs from Option Ease to Shareworks and from Shareworks to Morgan Stanley Sapphire and FAS systems including fixing migration issues and errors and creating reconciliations of share and compensation expense calculation differences.
Financial Systems Insights and Resources
Get unique perspective from our Financial Systems Consulting team.
In this article, well delve into mixed-use development, examining disparities between retail and residential components and their impact on the financial model.
All businesses set revenue targets as a common practice. However, the real challenge lies in understanding what it takes to meet those targets. This is where the concept of Sales Capacity Modeling comes into play.
Drawing from more than two decades of experience in corporate finance, much of which was devoted to refining processes for generating precise forecasts, I’ve distilled key insights that have not only elevated forecasting accuracy, but also saved substantial time and effort along the way.
Selecting a system with the flexibility to scale alongside your company is one key factor to consider. When the company grows, acquires companies or creates new revenue streams, the needs will change, and the system will need to adapt accordingly.